5.10.2011

Staying Fabulous....In the heat

Today, in Iowa, we reached 95 degrees outside...in May. A little background on the situation, about five days ago it was 30s/40s outside and our heat is heat+humidity. I guess that is just Iowa for you, though. But, in this hot weather, you can get "not-so-fabulous" pretty quick.

I love being outdoors, kayaking, hunting, gardening, camping and so on, but I still want to look exceptionally amazing doing all of these hobbies. So, for staying fabulous in the heat, here are a few products I will review, and tips that really help me!

Stay hydrated. I do not know how many times I have read this in magazines, online, in books, and have heard it from my mother, but they are all right. With heat, and sun, your body can easily get dehydrated. By drinking lots of water your body will function better, your skin will be healthier, and you will sweat when you need to be sweating. Otherwise, the most fabulous thing you will get your hands on is a card from your sister when you are admitted into the hospital.



Oil-free skin. You're at your best friend's outdoor wedding and you look back at the pictures to find your face shinier than the chrome on the limo's wheels. My go-to-product: Neutrogena Shine Control Blotting Sheets (http://www.neutrogena.com/product/shine-control+blotting+sheets.do). These sheets absorb oils without absorbing your make-up! They come in a little 'pouch' that can slip into that stylish clutch of yours.

Facial Sunscreen. In the morning, I apply a sunscreen to my face before applying my make-up. I let it rest so that it doesn't make my skin oily when I apply foundation. Aveeno carries a facial sunscreen with an SPF 70 that I use daily (http://www.aveeno.com/suncare/cp/facial/spf70). I mix a little in with my morning moisturizer and apply. Nobody likes sunburned cheeks, or a chunk of skin removed because of skin cancer.

Mineral, Powder Foundation.  I love this stuff! It is great because it is a powder that covers, yet is light and gorgeous. I use the L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation (http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#/#/?page=top{userdata//d+d//|diagnostic|main:pdp//objectid+Cos3a_1//{pdp_tab:pdp_overview//objectid+Cos3a_1//}|media:_blank|nav|overlay:_blank}). It helps absorb oils throughout the day, and doesn't feel or look caked on like liquid foundation can. Plus, the minerals are better for your skin allowing it to still breath in hot, summer days.


As the summer continues, I am sure to find more tips and products to looking and staying fabulous. So stay posted for more. Until then,

Stay Fabulous, Girls.





*I was not paid to give reviews on any of these products, or given free samples by the company to advertise for them. These reviews are solely based on my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment